Economist College Ambassador (Spring 2020)
As an Economist Ambassador, you will be tasked with marketing the brand and educating your peers about the unique global perspective The Economist offers to its readers. By utilizing your personal network and executing targeted outreach to various groups at your university, you will be the primary source of The Economist content within the student body.
Your primary goal will be to utilize sales and marketing tactics to generate AT LEAST 10 sales of the discounted $12 - 12 week subscription. You have 12 weeks (02/17/2020 - 05/10/2020) to complete this.
- $10 per subscription sale + $50 bonus for every 5 sales.
- There is no cap to the number of sales you can drive in the 12 week period - we've consistently had Ambassadors in past semesters who have been able to sell 50 subscriptions during a semester (which equates to $1,000 earned.)
- Highest-performing Ambassadors will be given a personal reference for internships.
- Valuable experience in marketing, sales, and communications.
- Generate AT LEAST 10 subscription sales using your unique tracking link.
- Host classroom and organization presentations to drive subscriptions to The Economist.
- Maintain a weekly goal for subscription sales and come up with creative approaches for doing so.
- Communicate in a timely manner with the Evolvez team during the duration of the program.
**Even though Ambassadors have to complete these outlined deliverables, the way you go about accomplishing your work is up to you. We encourage Ambassadors to hold their work to a high standard and ensure you are providing peers a good experience when sharing The Economist.**
- Interest in marketing, politics, economics, and sales
- Prior knowledge of The Economist is not required but is strongly favored
- Greek Life members are preferred, but not required
- Preferred club memberships/classes (not required): finance, economics, poly sci, business
- Well-connected on campus