Economist College Ambassador (Spring 2020)
As an Economist Ambassador, you will be tasked with marketing the brand and educating your peers about the unique global perspective The Economist offers to its readers. By utilizing your personal network and executing targeted outreach to various groups at your university, you will be the primary source of The Economist content within the student body.
Your primary goal will be to utilize sales and marketing tactics to generate subscription sales of the $12 - 12 week discounted subscription. You have the Spring semester/quarter to complete this.
About the Economist:
The Economist is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
- $10 per subscription sale + $50 bonus for every 5 sales.
- There is no cap to the number of sales you can drive - we've consistently had Ambassadors in past semesters who have been able to sell 50+ subscriptions during a semester (which equates to $1,000+ earned.)
- Highest-performing Ambassadors will be given a personal reference for internships.
- Valuable entrepreneurial experience focused on marketing, sales, and communication.
- Generate subscription sales using your unique tracking link. There is no cap on the number of sales you can generate.
- Host classroom and organization presentations to drive subscriptions to The Economist.
- Maintain a weekly goal for subscription sales and come up with creative approaches for doing so.
- Communicate in a timely manner with the Evolvez team during the duration of the program.
- Interest in marketing, politics, economics, and sales
- Prior knowledge of The Economist is not required but is strongly favored
- Greek Life members are preferred, but not required
- Preferred club memberships/classes (not required): finance, economics, poly sci, business
- Well-connected on campus